Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Cable TV

A weekend of Gray's Anatomy on the telly, homemade Maitinis and this:














I can't believe I've spent thirty-hmm years being terrified of cable. It just looks so complicated, and you needed 'equipment' too, a cable needle no less. I'm totally gobsmacked to find out it's so easy, OK, don't look too closely, because there are a couple of stitches out of whack, but please I can do this without taking my eyes off the telly, and that's what it's all about people. Surely one of the best things about knitting is that you're still technically doing something whilst watching the telly. You can convince yourself that you're not just a big couch potato, because you're 'getting stuff done'. Plus, you have your hands full, so you can't plough through an entire packet of crisps while you're doing it. Of course LK's idea of 'having your hands full' whilst watching the telly is a lot less productive.

It's starting to make me wonder what else is possible? What else have I dismissed out of hand as being too complicated that's actually a piece of cake? Windsurfing? Water skiing? Twins?

1 comment:

Gorilla Bananas said...

"What else have I dismissed out of hand as being too complicated that's actually a piece of cake?"

The circus high wire. It's not that difficult with a bit of practice and I bet you could manage it. We gorillas can do it on our hands.