Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Do You Have A Flag?


I have to admit, I love this American flag that Anna made at camp yesterday. I like to think that her half-British subconscious caused her to draw it backwards.

I realize that for most Americans this holiday is more about the birth of a nation, than it is about overthrowing Colonial rule. Even so, it is a difficult holiday to be both British and American, so this flag is a keeper.

In the spirit of the holiday though, I'd like to write a list of all the little things that I think make America great. In no particular order. Please feel free to add your suggestions and I'll repost the list with your name and a link.

Reasons to Celebrate America:
  • S'mores
  • Mailboxes
  • Confident children
  • LL Bean flannel sheets
  • Ranch dressing
  • Jeans
  • Thanksgiving
  • Drive-in movies
  • Drive-thru restaurants
  • Cocktails
  • Have a nice day
  • Road trips
  • Going out for breakfast
  • Customer service
  • Coffee
  • Free refills and ice
  • Hummingbirds
  • Why are so many of these food related?
  • My LK
  • Summer camp; Brunch; Fireflies; Cardinals (the birds, not the catholic priests); Crate & Barrel; reliable beach weather, bagels and challah bread - Nappy Valley Girl
  • Marshmallows - Anonymous

Please feel free to add your suggestions and I'll repost the list with your name and a link.

Anyway, I hope you had a very happy day, whether it was Independence Day, or just Wednesday.




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lots of food things like marshmallows. But how about really cool stuff too, like going to the moon?

AliBlahBlah said...

I agree. I was thinking of the small things that make American great, but when I posed the question to LK, he said 'guns, barbed wire and the missionary position'. Didn't even pause.

nappy valley girl said...

Summer camp; Brunch; Fireflies; Cardinals (the birds, not the catholic priests); Crate & Barrel; reliable beach weather. There are some New York things too, like bagels and challah bread, that I'd have to include for the sake of my kids! But agree with your list too.

Queenie. . . said...

This post made me smile--I am American, but spent the 4th touring Buckingham Palace. And having been here for a bit, the things I miss about the U.S. are mostly the things on your list!

Unknown said...

Thank you for this great article. This blog is really fantastic and I'll put in my favorite sites directly. Encouragement to the editor for this entry. Thank you.

voyance par telephone

Hanna Rosin said...

HOW I GOT MY EX HUSBAND BACK WITH THE HELP OF REAL AND EFFECTIVE SPELL FROM DR Osasu My name is Olivia Jayden, I never thought I will smile again, My husband left me with two kids for one year, All effort to bring him back failed I thought I'm not going to see him again not until I met a lady called Jesse who told me about a spell caster called Dr. Osasu , She gave me his email address and mobile number and I contacted him and he assured me that within 48hours my husband will come back to me, In less than 48hours my husband came back started begging for forgiveness saying it is the devils work, so I'm still surprise till now about this miracle,i couldn't conceive but as soon as the spell was cast,i became pregnant and gave birth to my third child,if you need any assistance from him you can contact him via:email: drosasu25@gmail.com Or WhatsApp or call him now:
+2347064365391 . Dr.Osasu also cures: 1. HIV / AIDS 2. HERPES 1/2 3. CANCER 4. ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease) 5. Hepatitis B