Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Who Do The Olympics Think You Are?

In much the same vein as my last post, I bring you, just who do the Olympics think you are?

BBC America has been running this for about a week now - you enter your details and it spits out what Olympic athlete shares your body type.

Here's the link





LK did it first, and it came up with 'Hans Lindberg' a Danish handball player, which is pretty spooky as LK is a tennis player of Danish ancestry.

I was definitely ready to give it a go. To my surprise, I've actually managed to carry on running three times a week since my half marathon. I'm not exactly Olympics material, but I'm in pretty good shape for me.

I plugged in my details, and lo and behold:




I have the same build as a man, and not just one man, no, the BBC would like to show just how accurate their analysis is by selecting TWO men that are my exact physical match - Antoni Bernado of Andorra (Athletics) and Craig Bellamy of Team GB (football).

Maybe I've been over-exercising. Maybe I'm hot stuff in Andorra?

So - who do the Olympics think you are?






9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm... I seem to be a combination of two of the British men's bronze-medal-winning gymnastics team. Not entirely sure how I feel about that, but my cartwheels and forward-rolls have improved dramatically in the last two minutes... Sx

AliBlahBlah said...

I tried to do a forward roll a couple of weeks ago when Anna was at gymnastics camp. I felt every.single.vertebra *ouch*. Good job I didn't launch straight in to a cartwheel, my wrists would probably have snapped like twigs.

nappy valley girl said...

I did this last week and came out as a Slovenian badminton player. I actually thought this might be quite accurate, seeing as badminton was the only sport I was ever in a school team for!

Rachel said...

I've got Kenki Sato, a Japanese Equestrian. When I was younger I wanted to be an Olympic equestrian, then I discovered how hateful people were at competitions and I chose to stop doing it for anything but fun.

Happy Homemaker UK said...

I was holding my breath to see if a sumo wrestler was suggested :) Thankfully it was a female diver and a female swimmer. What a fun post! Thx!! XOL

Anonymous said...

Ricardo Blas Jr From Guam. Look him up while I inhale a LOT of carbon monoxide.
love,
lucys bff

AliBlahBlah said...

Lucy's bff - I don't believe you, but I laughed out loud. I wouldn't want to face him on a dark night in Guam...

detroitmom2devonmum said...

While I have been thoroughly enjoying the Olympics and the BBC's coverage, I was waaayy too frightened to click that link. I did after reading your post! I am a rather decent looking female weightlifter from Chile. OK, I can deal with that!

voyance gratuite par mail said...

Thank you for your work and your sharing! I have not taken the time to capture me all your creations, but I'm going to look soon. good luck