Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Bad News Bourbon

A few weeks ago I came clean about some stuff and wrote this post and the lovely Fluffy made good on her promise and delivered both a cherry pie and a bottle of bourbon:








The cherry pie clearly didn't linger long enough to be photographed.....









Anyway, I decided to name this bottle 'bad news bourbon' and to drink it whenever I felt in need of a little Kentucky Kourage (rather than Dutch courage). I can't express how gobsmacked I am that it's almost one month later and the seal is still on the bottle. You can trust me when I say I'm touching wood when I'm writing this!!

The point to this post, other than to thank a truly lovely lady, is to say I will be drinking a shot in her honour tonight as I've just heard she might be in need of some Kentucky Kourage herself.

So here's to you Fluffy.

Cheers!

5 comments:

KG said...

Never reserve alcohol for a bad occasion . . . . it should be consumed for the good, the bad, and the ugly!!!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness - You don't need to open the bottle I've drunk enough in the past few days. Knowing that I may well be owing the Ky government all of my retirement dollars puts me in a drinking mood. Thanks so much for thinking of me. You can return the pie and bourbon favor by coming to Ky and bringing me a large bottle of Bovril and marmite.

AliBlahBlah said...

I wouldn't give marmite to my worst enemy - I'll find something decent from the old country to thank you properly!!

Unknown said...

one year and it's not open? that ain't natural!

also. call yourself english and dissing on the marmite like that? you'll be decrying salad cream, HP sauce, quite possibly The Queen, next!

Julia said...

I am really proud to discover you, your blog is really great! I like its interface, and loved the content too. Above all, keep it up!

voyance mail rapide