Monday, February 06, 2012

Do You Want Fries With That?

I had a run-in with the police on Superbowl Sunday, and fortunately it cracked us all up.

We were fortunate enough to have been invited to a massive party by my friends Robin and Bill - both passionate Patriots fans. I was prepared to hang out and cheer, just choosing to style myself as an 'England Patriots' fan - what's a small word like 'New' between friends?

As soon as we got there I knew things weren't going to pan out. We'd been swimming earlier that morning and Lucy was starting to flag. Almost immediately she began duking it out with another little girl over a much prized 'Ariel' doll and tensions were high. Lucy spends a lot of time at R & B's house, so I think she thought she had all the cards when it came to who got to play with the plastic princess palace. Not so.

This is not the part where the police were involved - sorry to disappoint.

To avoid a plastic princess being shoved where the sun don't shine, Lucy and I beat a hasty retreat, promising to pick LK and Anna up later. It was as we were pulling off the freeway that we drove straight in to a DUI checkpoint.

There are very, very few advantages to having migraines, but generally steering away from alcohol is one. I was sober as a judge, and had a sc-reaming 3 year old in the back seat shouting 'I can play nicely! I can play nicely'. The police officer should have taken one look at the situation and offered me a cocktail, but instead he politely requested to see my license and asked if I'd had anything to drink. I said no, and then Lucy said 'why don't he ask us if we want any food?'

To Protect and To Serve - emphasis on the serve.

6 comments:

FeatherDuster said...

Cracked me up, too :-)

Laura said...

I love the picture in my head of Lucy shouting, "I can play nicely! I can play nicely!!" That's my girl.

And yeah, migraines sure do take all the fun out of booze. I'm always everyone's designated driver. Glad your run-in with the cops was uneventful!

hebergement audiotel voyance said...

It’s a really great site you have here. Thank you for the effort to be so good for us (even though we don`t deserve it) and keep it up.

Voyance gratuite par mail said...

Beautiful ... I love your blog full of great ideas , in fact I just signed up to your news if you want to do the same, it is a pleasure , good luck !

voyance gratuite en ligne said...

I’ll immediately grab your rss feed as I can not find your email subscription link or newsletter service. Do you have any? Kindly let me know in order that I could subscribe. Thanks.

voyance gratuite said...

My brother suggested I might like this blog. He was entirely right. This post truly made my day. You cann’t imagine just how much time I had spent for this info! Thanks!