Friday, November 30, 2007

Thank The Lord

Oh Thank God. Hello December.

I have enjoyed NaBloMoFo really, in the same way that I enjoy training for a triathlon and then it being over. The pressure though, bloody hell. Sitting at the computer each morning sent me straight back to being 8 years old and sitting on the piano bench with my fingers poised over the keys only to hear my Mum yell from the kitchen "Ali, you haven't done your piano practice" (how very middle class). Every time I log on I'm constantly reminded that I haven't yet performed.

I had stuff to write about too, stuff with substance. Want to hear about my battle with US immigration? Want to know the real differences between Americans and Brits, other than we have better bread and chocolate (I'm sorry America, we do. Deal with it.) Don't they sound entertaining? Well, you're probably right. A few token photos and Anna-ecdotes was all you got, and you're probably much happier for it.

**Edited for content**

8 comments:

Amy said...

cheers!!!

Anonymous said...

very impressive! time to run to vons for a new case of wine! kudos to you for blogging through a month of MIL and late month anna illness.

skeletorswife said...

Raddits,Rabbits,Rabbits...

Fresh Hell said...

Nice one. I had loads of things to post about but no time to develop them. The pressure of throwing down daily makes it hard to pump out the quality.

. . . Next year . . .

Can you believe that people stockpile posts for nablopomo? Posers! Pussies! Fakers! I applaud our off the cuff hit and run blogging in between MIL invasion and toddler wrangling (on your part), mad exoduses to Texas and New York and writing a closure report (on my part). In case there was any question, we are shredding!

Unknown said...

When are you going to start the secret blog about all the subjects you stay away from here? (I promise I won't give the URL to anyone you don't want)

; )

jenny said...

thank the lord is right! i still look forward to reading all those posts you were GOING to post. :) especially the one about living with your MIL for an entire month. whoa. you're my hero.

Rima said...

Wow, you lived with MIL for a month and still restrained from posting about it? That's amazing!

voyance gratuite par email said...

I stumbled upon your blog very interesting! ! Thank you for giving us this moment of pure happiness .