Monday, March 26, 2007

Rock On Grandma

Yesterday I was ID'd for buying a 12-pack of Heineken. The cashier must have thought I looked less than 21 because my shopping surely spoke of someone entrenched in middle age; toddler meals, organic yogurts and imported beer.

I may appear like a fresh-faced schoolgirl, but my soul burns with the fire of an eighty year-old grandma. Just look what I've managed to accomplish this month:

This:-
















and this:















The last one was even knitted for my own daughter, *gasp*, a full year after my last attempt.

Here she is, clearly delighted with the new addition to her wardrobe:-





That pose is right out of the
Sirdar catalogue I swear.
Don't mention the hair.
I know.












What marks me as a truly old codger at heart though is that I woke up on Sunday and the first thing I thought was not, hello, there's a large naked Dane in my bed (and yes, sadly still a toddler), no, I thought - hoorah, I get to have a stab at knitting cable!!

Oh yes, give me wool, a complicated pattern with instructions that the Enigma machine couldn't fathom and I'm in heaven. This is what I'm attempting next:-



















That's right, the 'in-at-the-deep-end cable-a-thon' courtesy of Debbie Bliss. I'm erring on the side of caution and knitting it for a 3-yr old. On second thoughts, looking at that 4-page pattern, maybe I should cast on a few more stitches and aim for a 12-year old. Whatever happens, I'm sure Anna's going to look just as lovely as this cute Asian boy.


Apologies to all those who don't share my passion for knitting (all of you), and apologies to those weirdos who got here by googling 'cute Asian boy'.

No comments: