Tuesday, October 09, 2007

NaBloPoMo

As you've probably noticed by that tasteful decal I have on my sidebar, I have, with reckless abandon, signed myself up for Mrs. Kennedy's NaBloPoMo. Honestly who doesn't love a challenge?

NaBloPoMo for those who don't know or for those wary of committing to a double-click on the above link is National Blog Posting Month, the premise of which is to write a blog entry every day for a month. Inspired by NaNoWriMo, National Novel Writing Month where you write a novel in a month. Shortly followed I'm sure by NaDroSproMo which is National Conceive and Drop that Sprog in the space of a month, which to mind is just about on a par.

I signed up because I was so involved with lurking and reading other NaBloPoMo wannabes slog through their marathon months last year. Something that actually inspired me to start this here masterpiece midway through November 06.

As you may have guessed, I'm already having second thoughts and I haven't even chuffing begun. I'm thinking it's perhaps a little rash in hindsight considering we'll have house-guests for 3 of those 4 weeks, and I'm hardly 'prolific' at the best of times.

I suppose this is just by way of a warning; in November you'll be getting a lot of crap coming your way. Want to know what vegetable I pulled out of my daughter's arse this week? What jests and japes our hapless tenants have been up to (remind me to tell you about tonights screaming match over a stolen telly...).

I know, you can hardly wait.

5 comments:

jenny said...

november is going to be full of interesting posts. i can't wait! whoohooo!

Fresh Hell said...

I've been mulling it over and I think I'm going to toss my hat in the ring for NaBloPoMo as well. Against my better judgement and with the full knowledge that I'm planning two trips over the course of the month. Don't you get a pass for at least seven crap posts when rallying for NaBloPoMo? There has to be some consideration for those of us who usually get around to posting around once a week.

Eden Kennedy Onassis said...

It's the PERFECT month for having houseguests, especially houseguests that don't know you have a blog.

Unknown said...

bring it on! I will challenge myself to read your blog every day -- I could use a little more structure in my day anyway!

AliBlahBlah said...

Jenny, Fresh Hell, Mrs K, I will see you there at NaBloPoMo. I can see an 'I blew NaBloPoMo' badge in my future though....