Monday, October 06, 2008

Belly Laughs

Stupid/bizarre/WTF things people have said to me during this pregnancy:


"Oh, you didn't sound pregnant on the phone"

"A girl? Looks like you're going to have to go for a third to get your boy"

"Well, your weight's 'bumped up a bit' " (my doctor on learning of my 7lb in 1 month weight gain)

"Don't get too big" (asinine friend of my MIL)

"Wow, I'd hate to see how big you got if you were to have a third"

"Jesus fucking Christ, if I hear one more thing about your weight........ you're pregnant for God's sake,......bloody hell, you're going to get bigger, deal with it..............................................and er, you've never looked more beautiful?" - LK

7 comments:

jenny said...

'you didn't sound pregnant on the phone' - that JUST KILLED me! LOL!

hope all is well! :)

Little Britainer said...

You didn't sound pregnant on the phone? Seriously? Maybe you just weren't trying hard enough. Breathe heavily, next time, and try and sound a bit FATTER, you know?

Glad to hear you're getting a laugh out of it all. And thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Well, I asked a women the other day when she was due and she said she had her baby 4 months ago. I crawled away. Fluffy

Sugarplum's Mom said...

Just what exactly does pregnant sound like?
And big points for LK on that one... big points.. I hope he was properly rewarded. :)

Expat mum said...

The weight thing is ridiculous. Try not to worry about it. With my last one, I didn't gain a pound for the first 18 weeks, but still managed to get to almost 40 pounds by the end. Same as the first two.

KG said...

LK is my hero.

Unknown said...

People are crazy! "you didn't sound pregnant on the phone" Hilarious!