Sunday, November 18, 2007

Word To Your Mother

Here for no particular reason (other than sweet f.a. to write about) is a list of words I have to continually look up in the dictionary. I simply cannot make these words stick:

Atavism - nope, not a clue.
Sobriquet - aliblahblah
Sardonic - a sardine-like smile?
Sanguine - if there is a word least like 'cheerfully optimistic' I'd like to know it.
Solipsism - moi darling
Polemic - it is impossible to write a Geography paper without this one.

It's as if my brain reached maximum capacity at 21 and simply refuses to learn anything new.

Of course, I am blonde.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't think I have even HEARD of any of these words, except some brief memory of a Sardonic smile, and a Sanguine something or other.... which always makes me think of Linguine.....

Chilly said...

I'm with you Mooks, forget "solipsism", I still struggle with the meaning of moderation.

Amy said...

perhaps i should read a bit more because i don't have a clue about these words!!!

Fresh Hell said...

Sardonic: scornfully mocking.

That's all I've got with that spelling list.

You must be grappling to find BS to blather about in this NaBloPoMo effort.

I posted about having nothing to post yesterday! And the beat goes on . . .

AliBlahBlah said...

Yes, you're all right. Maybe I should stop reading Anna's books they appear to be a bit challenging for me.