Saturday, November 15, 2008

Phoning It In

I've been seriously considering winning the 'best excuse for not posting' award as I'm sure being evacuated from a wildfire would qualify me. Instead I'm sitting at a pay-per-minute internet cafe in Monterey (this post will be brief) in order to keep the NaBloPoMo spirit alive.

We decided to get the hell out of dodge. As far as we can glean, we still have a home, although it's too smoky to have a 3 year old and an about-to-pop pregneto spending any length of time there. I'm really looking forward to cleaning up all that ash when we get back.....

I promise longer posts on our return.

6 comments:

Jane said...

Glad your home is still ok and you're surviving in your jogging pants in the 80 degree heat!!

Almost American said...

Glad to hear you're safe. On NPR they kept talking about all the mansions that had burned and I have the impression (incorrectly perhaps?) that you don't live in a mansion, so I was assuming that so far your house was still there ;-)

Daffodilly said...

Oh my goodness, take care & fingers crossed your house survives & they getthe fires under control quickly.

Unknown said...

Glad to hear it's "okay"... I guess that is better than the alternative!

Anonymous said...

For sharing thank you very much good very beautiful work

voyance said...

I enjoyed reading it and I think other readers might enjoy reading it as well.Thanks.
voyance totalement gratuit